Monday, May 23, 2011

Tempo Run

This was supposed to be my long run day, but I managed to put my run off long enough that I had only an hour left - so no long run possible.  I should have been okay, but I couldn't find my hydration belt, I never did find my ipod, I couldn't find running clothes.  These are all the things that need to be automatically organized and cared for as a runner, but I don't feel like a runner again yet.


I am not enjoying my running.  It hurts.  I don't want to do it. 


Today is the Firefighters 10 Mile Road Race in Thunder Bay.  I should be there, running it out in the rain with all the other runners, but I am not ready.  I look forward to racing again, to being in shape so that I can just sign up for a run and do it, to proudly wear the t-shirt, to laugh with all the other runners.


So I keep going, knowing this pain will lead to something good, something I can be proud of.




I fought my run yesterday.  The first km was tough, but even though I was running on new gravel - ankle eater for sure - I started to flow after a km or two and I was able to do get the kind of pace I wanted.  


I actually did 4 km under 6:30.  During km 6 I dropped a bottle in the mud and stopped to clean it!  


So I still need to get a long run in.  It is pouring rain today, but I have tons of paperwork to catch up on and I may just need some slow time out there on the trails to break it up.


I can't wait to see how my friends made out in the 10 miler.  I will be with them in 2012!


Upcoming runs in the Thunder Bay area here: http://www.10mileroadrace.org/article/other-great-races-321.asp





No comments:

Post a Comment