Monday, May 16, 2011

Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life

This is my last hour to be 50. Tomorrow I will be 51.


I feel like I have nothing to show for 50. I did a half-marathon, then quit running again.


I love running. I love being a runner. I love being able to just run and run and run, effortlessly, because I am fit and I am a runner.


But this year I have shrunk away from running, and most other things I love, while learning to be a high school principal.


As I leave 50, I realize that no amount of wanting to be a runner will make me a runner. I need to run to be a runner, and running right now is hard.


Mostly what I do right now is sit. But I am the only one who can change that.


So here is my goal 18 weeks from today: http://www.thunderbaymarathon.com/


It says 123 days.  I know it is actually 125 - I counted.


It is not many days.  There are no days to waste.  I have to commit to this.


I'll start when I turn 51.

No comments:

Post a Comment