Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week 1 Run 4 Sunday Long Run 12.8 Km

I did everything I could to talk myself out of this run today, but I got 'er done!

The warmest part of the day (-11C) was around 4 so I started the run just after 3.  The roads were very icy, almost too icy to walk, and after 5 km my knees were complaining almost enough to give up, but I couldn't stand the thought of giving up on my plan in the first week.

I do have to remember, though, that running along the shoreline of Lake Superior is colder than running on the bush roads away from the lake.  The wind was brutal today, but the gorgeous colours and ice formations made up for all of it.


At the bridge onto the Island - looking out to the Sleeping Giant.


I love this Christmas moose flag!


Clinging to as much daylight as possible on this last day of holidays.


Ice gems on the north shore of the island.


Ice along the shore with the Sleepy G in the distance.




I just love the pattern of rocks and snow on the shoreline.


Memories of Terrace Bay!  I love the icicles.



More pancake ice.  Hear it in this video: 



The roads were

No comments:

Post a Comment